December 22, 2010

WIP for December 21, 2010

It's WIP Wednesday, and what I have to report is this:

* The Sportsman, which is in its infant stages, has been submitted to Knit Picks for consideration, and maybe a little yarn support. Fingers crossed again! I only have one more pair to go for Scout 2--hopefully by Christmas, so fingers crossed on this one, too. Finished, it looks like this:



* I started a new pair of Elegy gloves for myself in Knit Picks Merino Style Endame--the cashmerino have pilled up so badly that they need some time off and a spa day.


* It occurred to me that, darn, I forgot all about how I was going to put sleeves on the Reconstruction Sweater over the Christmas break!  I can't wait to do the very last odds-and-ends gift shopping today when we go to the mall (hate the mall!) to see Santa Claus today.

* Dying of the wool to make the cowl that a friend has ordered from me will begin today, maybe.  That'll be the feature of next week's WIP, I'm thinking.  She wants it in fuschia.

* The search for chocolate brown 100% silk yarn at a reasonable price for about 400 yards has begun.  So far, I've been disappointed.  I'm in the market to make some lovely vintage gloves to go with the vintage mink stroller (circa 1940s) that I found in a local antique mall this week, and which Honey purchased for me for Christmas.  It's so lovely--golden brown with vertical chocolate striping--and so soft that I have to go with silk for the accessories.  So, if you know of a good silk yarn or a silk yarn supplier--I could dye it myself--please let me know.

All for now. Shopping to do and Santa Claus to wait in a three-hour line to see.  Merry Christmas and happy knitting!

1 comment:

  1. Those gloves look fabulous!! No Santa pictures for us, I am just hoping we don't float away!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog