December 17, 2010

Ta-Dah! Leaf Lace Scarf FO

I know all of my posts lately have been about this project, but I've been under the gun to get it done!  It's a darned good thing that we had a 2-hour delay of school and I could sleep in on Thursday. I was up until 12:30 am finishing and blocking the Leaf Lace Scarf, which I am happy to report is finished and gorgeous and I can't wait to give it to my friend Meredith today!  Whew!  I've never knit anything lace before this project, so I am very pleased with the way it has all turned out.  It's not as long as the pattern called for because I thought 6 feet would be a little too long for a lace scarf; so it's 64 inches by 10 inches, blocked.  I'm not sure I ever want to knit lace again, just because it was such a counting nightmare, but it was a valuable experience.




And so, of course I am going to want to show this lil' number off, so I am linked up here today:



7 comments:

  1. And yarn overs. Don't forget the nightmare of yarn overs (or rather, the nightmare of forgotten yarn overs.lol) The scarf is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's stunning for sure! Not sure I'd really get into such a counting nightmare either!

    Thank you for linking it up to Fibers on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That is beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I've never learned to knit but this scarf could get me kick started. Just lovely and so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is gorgeous, Keya! It turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Your scarf is just lovely. Reminds me of projects my mother did years ago. I have yet to try something like this, I know it takes concentration !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! You asked about the yarn on my a4a sweater....this came from a stash my aunt gave me, so I'm afraid it was bought a LONG time ago. But, it's Ram's Wool Superwash in Bottle Green shade 3633. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog