October 24, 2010

SAFF & FOs

I had a much needed, super-fantastic weekend!  Not only did I survive Rocket's first birthday party/slumber party (five 7 year-olds and no one interested in going to sleep but me!), but I also finished the Rainbow Potato Chip Scarf in time for Rocket's birthday,


AND finished an improvised sweater for Pickles,


AND made it down to the body of the butter yellow Swing sweater that I am working on for myself AND I had a little out-of-town time with Honey and Rocket at SAFF in North Carolina.  (SAFF stands for Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair).  The sign at the entrance did not say anything about a fiber bonanza; instead:


Inside, things looked a bit more like a fiber fair:


Outside looked like the perfect fall day,

and everyone was having a fantastic time, including the animals:


Not all of the animals, apparently, were allowed to enjoy the day.  There was one, prisoner A-38, in llama jail:



Rocket wanted to sneak this one out to the car and bring it home; but that didn't happen.

I brought home tons of fiber goodies!  Bags and bags of llama fleece in every fabulous color, some to-die-for camel/silk (I'm thinking gloves for this knitting chick!) roving, some merino/silk roving, some glowing green and rust merino/silk/bamboo/BFL  roving, and some smokey lavender and gold BFL/silk/merino roving.  I'll share pictures in tomorrow's post of my treasures.

3 comments:

  1. Love the scarf!

    Today was my birthday party, and I received yarn and a pattern from my local knitting sensei. When it's done, not for months 'cause I have two other things going on, you know I'll post it. I shall warn you so you won't be over amazed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi-great blog you have here! Thanks for following me- am glad to follow you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scarf! Great colors and interesting pattern

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog