August 18, 2010

Nifty Free Stuff (for knitters, that is!)

I like to post free patterns that are nicely done on my blog for my followers and visitors to take with them.  Granted, most of them are not mine; but they are available on the Internet for free; so I just try to help you access them more easily.  Today, let me share with you a fantastic glove pattern from Mirth:  Off-Kilter Mitts. I'm sorry that I can't seem to get this image to be larger without being super-blurry.  Just click on the link and you will be able to see the pdf version.



I've shown off my completed project for this pattern before; but since the KAL & contest associated with this patten are coming to an end (fingers crossed for my name on the glorious grand prize!!!), I got permission from Jan Hagan to share this pattern on my blog. And, I don't mind showing off my FO again:


This pattern is a super-quick knit--I know I knit these in a weekend, and if I remember correctly, the pattern instructions were such that I was able to figure out how to knit them two-at-a-time with a magic loop.  The medium that I knit was a little small for me--even though my hands are rather thin and boney--because I tend to knit very tightly; but Rocket can't wait for it to get cold to wear them.  Maybe by Christmas we'll see some frosty weather around here--right now we're back in a drought and I think the temp. gauge in my car read 99 on my way home from work today.  So, although I keep kniting 'em, no chance that either Rocket or I will be sporting our stunning gloves any time soon. (insert sad face).

Translate

Search This Blog

There was an error in this gadget