August 18, 2010

Nifty Free Stuff (for knitters, that is!)

I like to post free patterns that are nicely done on my blog for my followers and visitors to take with them.  Granted, most of them are not mine; but they are available on the Internet for free; so I just try to help you access them more easily.  Today, let me share with you a fantastic glove pattern from Mirth:  Off-Kilter Mitts. I'm sorry that I can't seem to get this image to be larger without being super-blurry.  Just click on the link and you will be able to see the pdf version.



I've shown off my completed project for this pattern before; but since the KAL & contest associated with this patten are coming to an end (fingers crossed for my name on the glorious grand prize!!!), I got permission from Jan Hagan to share this pattern on my blog. And, I don't mind showing off my FO again:


This pattern is a super-quick knit--I know I knit these in a weekend, and if I remember correctly, the pattern instructions were such that I was able to figure out how to knit them two-at-a-time with a magic loop.  The medium that I knit was a little small for me--even though my hands are rather thin and boney--because I tend to knit very tightly; but Rocket can't wait for it to get cold to wear them.  Maybe by Christmas we'll see some frosty weather around here--right now we're back in a drought and I think the temp. gauge in my car read 99 on my way home from work today.  So, although I keep kniting 'em, no chance that either Rocket or I will be sporting our stunning gloves any time soon. (insert sad face).

3 comments:

  1. I love the color! At the moment it is hard to imagine it ever getting cold enough here in TX to need these, but this winter I am sure I would love a pair!

    Thanks for stopping by Sew Super Sweet earlier today! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Think about "liking" Mirth Designs on Facebook. I'd love to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog. I'm on the green blog hop too, and I'm just learning how to knit. Two stitch wonder that I am, I'm working on a scarf for the red scarf project.

    I impressed with your skills!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog