August 09, 2010

Just Something I Whipped Up! (August 9)


  I had a busy. crafty weekend!  I created a new fingerless glove pattern, which I started whipping up on Saturday and finished by Sunday-gloves in two different fibers and two different colors.  I love fingerless gloves because I can wear gloves AND have fingernails!

 

The pattern is in the math-checking stage right now, but should be out this week on Ravelry and my Etsy store. I'm also going to put up a few pair of these gloves in the "HOT" colors for the fall fashion season--camel, blue, grey, maybe pumpkin--for sale.  I'm thinking of deleting my Shopit store.  It's not really the right venue, I guess. There isn't a knitting or yarn category, just Hobbies.  This morning I got an email from a potential customer because I'm in the "Hobby" category asking me "How do I create a Mac book animation?" and that's just not something I can help with.

And because school supply shopping places are limited around here, I had to make a pencil case on Friday for Scout #2 (my 5th grader), and then of course Rocket had to have one, too.  A cardinal rule of motherhood is that if you make something for one kid, you have to make something for them all.  Apparently Scout #1 (my 8th grader) is too old for pencil cases.  "Mom, that's just not cool."  I think I did a pretty good job, having no pattern.


The process of making these pencil cases made me realize just how old I really am.  I attended Catholic schools for elementary and middle grades. The nuns would make pencil cases and sell them to the students for $1 or something ridiculously cheap like that.  I don't remember that you had a choice as to whether or not you bought one, but I do remember that there were a hundred different fabric choices. Anyway, as I was making these pencil cases, I was thinking about how there's no way these nuns could have made a profit.  I couldn't even buy 1/4 yard of fabric for a $1!  The zipper was none too cheap, either.  Then it occurred to me--I bought pencil cases from nuns 30 YEARS AGO!  I'll bet zippers cost a quarter.  Dang!  How did I get so old so quickly?

5 comments:

  1. Hi, following you back :)

    Love those gloves. The pattern on them is really interesting. Great blog!

    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply love this!!! It's just adorable and you have GOT to post your creations at FrouFrouDecor on Fridays! I'm happily following your too cute blog and would love to have you as a new friend!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ FFD~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to knit! I am not nearly as good as you but I'm sure that as your newest follower I will soon learn a lot more! Awesome blog! See you at your party Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiya ,
    I love your designs!
    I'm your latest follower from FMBT.
    Please follow me back...
    www.maisonmarrakech2010.blogspot.com
    Many thanks and have a great day!
    Reina
    Fashion & Decor designer
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by to say Hi!.

    I'm your newest follower.would be nice if you can follow back as below blog.

    Thank you for share nice blog I like your post :-),


    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com
    Have a nice day.

    Nan
    PS. From; To The Top Tuesday Blog hop.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog