February 14, 2011

What's Doin

After a fairly productive weekend of fibery things, I have my Atlanta Thrashers Cowl (hockey) to show off.  I knit this up on the premise that I would test the hypothesis that a scarf keeps you warmer … and what do you know?  For the first time ever in my adult life, I was not cold!  I only wore one shirt and one sweatshirt and this cowl, and I was not cold!  I am ALWAYS cold.




And then I knit up my first ever drop stitch scarf.  I highly recommend that you try this and use Patons silk/bamboo (65 g/102 yds).  That's what I used, and it turned out very nicely.  I also used US 13 straight needles, which made it extra lacey.  The finished product is a little stretchy with this yarn, so it could actually get a little longer, all on its own.




I dyed up some pretty stunning Romney roving, too.  These beauties will be making their appearance in the Etsy shop this week.


I died some Australian merino is a series of dark coral colors for my mother for the Traveling Woman Shawl KAL that we are doing together. After much trial and error, and several sacrificed practice skeins to get the color to match her swatches, I think I've come up with a winner.  If she hates it, she should do the motherly thing, I think, and just lie to me and tell me she loves it.  Wouldn't you know, I forgot to take a picture of it before I sent it.  I also dyed a skein for myself, much like the Mermaid skein in the Etsy shop, only more yardage and no white.  Can't wait to see how it knits up! (See below.)


And I'm down to a few rows and then the fingers on the last Sportsman glove for pattern submission.  Dang, I have to get that done already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog