September 29, 2010

WIP Wednesday for Sept. 29th

Not much knitting happening this week, it seems.  Just too many papers to grade and too much chaos around the house.  I need to knit because it's only Wednesday and it has already been a very stressful week for me.  I don't know what the signal change was, but the kids at the high school, the kids in my household, and Buddy the Knitting Dog have all just lost their minds.  Maybe it's the sudden change in the weather--Monday we had a pretty good thunderstorm followed by, seriously, about a 20 degree drop in temperature.  The past few days we've awakened to temperatures in the mid-50s, whereas the standard since school started has been in the mid-70s.  The kids complain that they are "freezing to death!" because it's so "cold".  Really.  This is my favorite time of year--malaria season--because it's cool and refreshing in the morning and hot but not ungodly humid in the afternoon.  Malaria season because you get a chill in the AM and need a light coat, and you are sweaty in the afternoon and want to strip down to a tank top and some shorts.

I think the temperature change has come too late this year and we won't have a very pretty season of autumn foliage--trees are already skipping the color and going straight to brown and crispy, not unlike my lawn, which, even though we had a little rain on Monday, is still crunchy and dead.  Anyway, the word for the week around here is "chaos".

As for what my WIP happens to be ... I finally finished the bottom band on the top-down Reconstruction Sweater that I started last June (pay no attention to the poor photography skills that went into posting this picture!).  That's supposed to be fire-engine red and a dark heather grey.  Obviously, the overhead light in the room has yellowed everything.  You'll just have to use your imagination.


Since I seem to have wrapped up several recent projects (Talus, Envy, and Elegy), it's time to finish this project.  My goal is to get the sleeves done by Oct. 16th--the next campout for my sons' Boy Scout troop.  I figure Scout #2 is going to wear this for camping out rather than for going to school.  He's at that age where he wants his mom to make him things, but he's not sure if it's still cool to wear those things out in public--might hurt his rep. you know. Hmm.  Boys.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for following Fiona Designs - I am a follower of you too!

    Fiona
    http://fionadesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool blog! I'm your newest follower (-: Malia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. Must. Finish. Something. (Oh yea and remember to take pictures BEFORE sending off to new home!!)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog