January 02, 2011

New Yarns for a New Year

I've tried my hand at hand painting some sport weight superwash merino.  These two are now in my shop, and I am so pleased with how lovely they are that there is sure to be more to come.  The first is Fuschia Flamingo.  The photo doesn't do this yarn justice--the darkest color is REALLY fuschia!  Rocket loves this skein, so it must be something special.  Usually she just tells me "aaah, whatever" when I tell her to take a look at the yarn.  This one she wants for herself.  I probably should have named it something like "Barbie" because there's probably an entire Barbie wardrobe that would match up well with this skein.




The second new addition to my hand painted collection is a sportweight superwash merino with a dominant sunny yellow.  I painted this skein using the confetti technique.  I think that it will knit up beautifully for an infant sweater or mittens or a lightweight scarf.  A child's hat would be really cute in this yarn, too.  The colors are very primary--right out of the crayon box.  This one is called Sunfetti.




Here are the specs for these two skeins.  Each skein is:

Skein information:
• Approximately 6 stitches per inch on US #3-5 needles
• 274 yards to this skein (100 grams)
• Machine washable or hand washable (tumble dry low or dry flat for best results)
• Hand painted with color-fast dyes (no fading or bleeding)

Well, off to finish the fuschia cowl (I'm in the home stretch!).  Knit well, my friends.



2 comments:

  1. I'm getting paid on the 12th! I can't wait to get my hands on some of your yummy yarn!!!! I am studing glove patterns as we speak!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my knitting is worthy of your yarn, and my budget can go beyond Hobby Lobby prices, then I can't wait to buy some of your yarn!

    It's like Tiffany's window shopping for a jewelry lover...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog