June 04, 2012

Monday Masterpiece: Showing Off

Currently, I have myriad knitting projects in the works, but none actually finished--close, though.  However, what I haven't shown off lately is the gorgeous dye work that I have been doing.  Since this is going to be a week of dying for my Etsy shop, etc.,  I thought today would be a good day to share what I have done in the past few months as custom orders for my Etsy customers.

This order went to a lady who is making a coat for her daughter (and who lives on "Cardigan Street"!  I'm so jealous of her address!). This is 1200 yards of 100% organic merino in a worsted weight:


These next two orders were for custom-ordered pairs of hand-knit socks.  Susan, who makes these socks, is a professional knitter of socks and has an Etsy shop, as well: The Knitting Jeepgirl.  Everyone should stop by her shop to check it out!  She makes gorgeous socks!




This skein is a silk/merino blend that was a gift for someone's mother, I believe.  Originally, this colorway was a BFL sock colorway, but I was able to reproduce it with the silk/merino (no small task if you know anything about dying silk with non-silk dyes).


This final pair of custom dye orders was done for NonasNitting on Etsy.  I can't seem to find the pics of the Blues colorway that I did for Patricia in the mohair, but here is a picture that is from her Etsy shop of the finished, sumptuous product.  I hope she won't be upset that I am promoting her shop and her beautiful sweater (You should purchase it; the yarn she made it with is undescribably soft and dreamy!) by "borrowing" this picture.  The second is my Snapdragon colorway, which I created especially for Patricia, and is done in a fingering weight merino.





So now you know what I do when I'm not knitting or trying to bring order to the chaos of my universe.  Stay tuned for more yarnie stuff later in the week.






























Translate

Search This Blog

There was an error in this gadget