April 26, 2010

New Avenues

The Knitting Universe South convention was pretty awesome!  Except for one really major concern, that the class information that was provided when we registered online and then was sent to us with our confirmation was pretty much all wrong and misleading, especially for my mom's class, it was awesome!  I had a great time, and I now have a new addiction:  spinning.  I'm pretty sure that I can never go back to commercial yarn again.  I learned how to spin with a drop spindle, and I even got to spin some camel hair.   That was really nifty!  I bought some hand painted BFT, some silk, and a merino/bamboo/silk combo to spin into some fabulous threads for my first pair of hand warmers. i bought a trindle, too, to use to spin the silk for plying with the BFT and merino. We also knitted on Ravelry's Big Sock--something like 24 feet in circumference for the leg, so it's "big" is a definite understatement.  I am having a very difficult time convincing myself this morning that I need to get moving and get to work--somehow the motivation to go to work when there is spinning to do is completely absent this morning.  I wasn't expecting to enjoy spinning so much.  Here are some pictures of the beautiful fiber that I bought.  The pictures don't doe the colors justice, especially the second picture with the trindle, which is the merino.  It is copper and burgundy with a little bit of icey pink and camel brown running through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog