January 23, 2012

Monday Masterpiece: Sportsman Revisited

Guess what happens to 100% wool Sportsman gloves when the 12 year-old does laundry.  Yep.  They shrink right up to toddler size!

Although I couldn't get them done for the January Boy Scout camping/hiking trip in the mountains, I did manage to get them done before the end of January and that is, considering how INSANE the last two weeks have been for me, pretty darn awesome!  Here's pair #2 for Scout #2:


And now that I have shown them off as my Monday Masterpiece, I would like to take this opportunity to have a little conversation about this glove pattern.  I have been very fortunate to sell a few hundred copies of this pattern in the last few months, and the one complaint that I seem to be getting periodically is that some of the women who are buying the pattern are upset that the finished product doesn't fit their hands.  Ladies ... this is a men's glove pattern.  Even the smallest size is going to be a little baggy and disproportionate due to the fact that men's hands are wider across the palm than most women's hands.  These gloves were not designed for women, I'm afraid.  But, that's not to say that women can't wear them with a few modifications; I suggest you try on as you go and alter as necessary if you want to wear these gloves for yourselves, ladies. There's a reason why the title of the pattern is "Sportsman".





 Here I am, wearing one of the gloves for my son, which I just did in size small.  My son is 12.  My hands are thinner and the palm of the glove is about an inch too wide for my hand, but the fingers fit me pretty well.  I just thought I should share this information with the general public here so that there's less confusion about the outcome of the pattern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog