June 22, 2011

WIP Wednesday: The list is long!

Haven't posted to WIP Wednesday in quite some time.  Don't know why ... there are so many WIPs these days that I could make it a WIP month if I had the time. So, here are a few projects STILL not finished:

There's the yellow Swing cardi.  Down to about 8 inches of sleeve until that's an FO.  You'd think that I'd be motivated to just finish that up; but, alas, no.  I have that "new project please" syndrome right now.



Next, there's the two-at-a-time toe-up sock project, which has turned out to be the definition of tedium.  This twisted basket weave pattern that I chose is just so BORING that this project mostly stays in the car in case I get stuck in a waiting room in the doctor's office or I have to wait around for the Boy Scout meeting to be over.  I can't even remember in which month this year I started these babies; but this is the longest that I have ever gone without finishing a pair of socks.  Frick, I can't even get enough knit to be able to pre-read the instructions for the heel.



And there's the newest project on the needles, the Pashima shawl that I am knitting as a special order.  The yarn a hand-dyed superwash merino that is dyed in a Christmas red jewel tone (slight color variations periodically to give the pattern a little depth).  I don't sell this colorway in my shop--it's a custom order for this project.  So far, I've knit and frogged a WHOLE LOT!  I thought that a 6.5 hour one-way trip to visit family in Florida would yield a massive amount of completed shawl for this project; but heck-to-the-no on that one!  I've gotten all of 7 inches knit (53 more to go!).  Totally frustrating.  This is another one of those count-every-stitch kind of patterns.  It's a darn good thing that this order's projected completion date is September.


There are, of course, a few other projects waiting their turn in line that haven't been included in this post.  You can see the total list in the right sidebar.  Let it suffice to say that all the projects that haven't been mentioned are hibernating in the closet.

And finally, a new project adventure is about to begin.  Let's just say that I've been wanting to try out my own fingering weight handspun.  Details on Friday.

Knit on!

1 comment:

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog