July 12, 2013

It's ALWAYS time to knit socks!

Socks are truly the best portable knitting project on Earth.  They fit in a purse or bag so nicely that I carry my little sock project bags around in my purse even when I know that there will be no time to knit.  I've learned that, with a fractured index finger, socks are also easier to knit for me than anything else.  I think it's because the needle size and the thickness of the yarn is so minimal.

Anyway …  I'm working the heel on this pair.  I was doing so well on the other pair that I hated to put them down, but the yarn (from Misti Alpacas) has a high alpaca content and alpaca and velcro … well that's just asking for an ugly confrontation every time.  BFL is far more cooperative.  And even though I have come to loathe this colorway in this basic ribbed pattern, which I thought would grow on me if I gave it a chance but did not, I'm moving right along. The heels aren't bad, but that's not enough of a redeemer at this point.



In case you would also like to move right along on your own pair of two-at-a-time (magic loop) socks, I have finally gotten around to writing out the pattern that I just work in my head.  It's pretty basic, so don't have champagne and caviar expectations about it.  It will guide you to a nice pair of socks, though.  And it's free, which is really the most important thing.  Just click on the pattern title:  Ribbed Socks for Impatient Knitters.

Looks like we are in for a rainy evening around here, which is great on-the-porch-swing knitting weather.  I hope everyone finds a great spot to knit this weekend, even if you're not working on socks. You gotta' love the yarn you're with!

Translate

Search This Blog

There was an error in this gadget