July 12, 2013

It's ALWAYS time to knit socks!

Socks are truly the best portable knitting project on Earth.  They fit in a purse or bag so nicely that I carry my little sock project bags around in my purse even when I know that there will be no time to knit.  I've learned that, with a fractured index finger, socks are also easier to knit for me than anything else.  I think it's because the needle size and the thickness of the yarn is so minimal.

Anyway …  I'm working the heel on this pair.  I was doing so well on the other pair that I hated to put them down, but the yarn (from Misti Alpacas) has a high alpaca content and alpaca and velcro … well that's just asking for an ugly confrontation every time.  BFL is far more cooperative.  And even though I have come to loathe this colorway in this basic ribbed pattern, which I thought would grow on me if I gave it a chance but did not, I'm moving right along. The heels aren't bad, but that's not enough of a redeemer at this point.



In case you would also like to move right along on your own pair of two-at-a-time (magic loop) socks, I have finally gotten around to writing out the pattern that I just work in my head.  It's pretty basic, so don't have champagne and caviar expectations about it.  It will guide you to a nice pair of socks, though.  And it's free, which is really the most important thing.  Just click on the pattern title:  Ribbed Socks for Impatient Knitters.

Looks like we are in for a rainy evening around here, which is great on-the-porch-swing knitting weather.  I hope everyone finds a great spot to knit this weekend, even if you're not working on socks. You gotta' love the yarn you're with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog