March 16, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Although I am not Irish, I do have a bit of green on the needles.  I have an increasing number of high-focus projects in the "must do" basket, but every day I have to sit in the carpool lane at three different schools waiting to pick up children, and knitting them while sitting in the driver's seat is just asking for catastrophe.  Thus, I've cast on another Lila scarf, which is pretty much the most automatic lace knitting I've ever done, in a gorgeous hand-dyed skein of pure silk from Dragonfly Fibers that I picked up at Stitches South last year.  Unlike the last skein I pulled out of the stash, this one is more than happy to cooperate.  I'm not a big knitter of silk, and I don't often dye it unless it's blended with another fiber, but I am absolutely enamored of this particular skein and hope that the other two that I picked up in cranberry and grey handle just as nicely.  I don't think I am even going to have to block this one.  Here's hoping that your weekend knitting is being kind to you, too!  Happy St. Patrick's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog