September 26, 2011

Masterpiece Monday: Harris Slouch FO

A new pattern has been in the works for some weeks now, and here it is! 




This is the Harris Slouch, a pattern that I have designed to accommodate long hair in winter, especially long hair tied back.  The slouch and the snood are pretty popular these days, and this hat is sort of a combination of both.  On me, it definitely qualifies as a snood--all of my hair and my ears disappear inside because of my chin-length locks.




This was a super-quick pattern to knit!  I dare say that I knit the last 1/3 of the pattern in one evening in front of the TV.  The pattern is currently available through my Etsy shop and through my Ravelry pattern store as a pdf download.  (You can get to the Ravelry listing from the sidebar.) It took me about 214 yards of worsted weigh superwash wool (Stitch Nation Washable Ewe in "Zinnia" was used for the model) to complete the pattern.  It requires the use of a US 6 (4 mm) and a US 7 (4.5 mm) circular needle and is knit from the band, upward.

Totally a masterpiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog