November 18, 2015

New Pattern Release: Inverse Mitts!

I've been bitten by the color work bug lately.  It began with a pair of mitts for my mother-in-law, which turned out to be worked and re-worked into two separate pair in two separate sizes in a heavy sport weight wool.  Then I thought "Hey, wouldn't this pattern be great done in my new yarn line, Sporty Sheep?!" and a quick-knit pattern was born.


Meet the Inverse Mitts.  This stranded color work mitt is designed as a woman's pattern, but I think that the medium could probably work for pre-teens and teens, as well since Sporty Sheep is a springy yarn with a good amount of elasticity.  The pattern is written for two sizes, medium (8-inch palm circumference) and large (9-inch palm circumference).


Because of the vertical stripping of the palm, the palm is going to be much warmer, denser, and more durable than your typical stranded color work pattern. The thumb is worked as an afterthought thumb, with a photo included of what yours should look like when you work it up.  Afterthought thumbs are really a cinch, but I recommend that you give yourself a life line, as it's easy to lose those top stitches among the strands on the wrong side of the fabric.

This pattern has just enough color work to satisfy that color work itch, and it's completely seamless. I'm in love with this pattern, which I have now knit about 6 times in the course of the development of this pattern.  I think that you are going to LOVE both working this pattern and working with Sporty Sheep, too!

You can find the pattern on Ravelry, Craftsy, and in my Cedar Hill Farm Company online shop.

Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog